Sunday, March 16, 2008

Vegan Peanut Butter Cupcakes w. Dark Chocolate Centers







OK - I am getting over a mean cold/throat/Spring transition kapha ("kapha" see Ayurvedic season changes.... not "kafkha" I am not morphing into an insect, thankfully) thing - so I have been house-bound for several days; thus I have been baking up a storm. When not baking I have been reading and passing out listening to ocean sounds on my iPod iTouch....yes I know how New-Agey and geeky that sounds but when I feel lousy it seems to help; conjuring up images of white sand, a red bikini and a cold beverage with paper umbrellas in it, my 3 pm massage scheduled to take place in the saltwater poolside cabana......Ahem.....


Back in reality here in New England....Today I am feeling the best I've felt in a week so I am working on a batch of Vegan Peanut Butter Cupcakes w. Dark Chocolate Centers. San Tropez - not quite, but the kitchen is warm and toasty, and I came up with a new recipe for my ongoing Vegan quest...

Once the cupcakes had thoroughly cooled off, I whipped up a soy milk and dark chocolate Ganache, piped it out loosely and there you are! I am yet to taste them, but have high hopes for these little cakes. By the way - listening to some Led Zeppelin really gave these cupcakes a kick, as always I highly recomend listening to music while you bake. Let's see what's next.....

No comments: