Sunday, March 7, 2010

Yoga Alfresco, Yoga Primavera & New Vegan Cookie

From My Yoga Mat Today - The First Crocuses of 2010!!!


I took my Yoga practice OUTSIDE today - it was amazing. I will be practicing outdoors as often as possible and weather permitting now that Spring is in the air!

From my mat flowing through my Ashtanga practice (tried & true, baby), I was able to breathe in clean, fresh New England air, and experience a bright blue sky in each upward dog. It was truly a beautiful day and I am grateful for both the simplicity and efficiency of this practice as well as the weather.

In other news, check out these new Vegan cookies I came up with today - made with almond paste. I said that I was not going to bake anything today but these just happened. I couldn't stop myself.

Try them out, they are incredibly easy and tasty as well. Anyone can bake these cookies!


Always New FREE Vegan Recipes www.AnnaVedaKitchen.com

Anna Maria's Vegan Almond Paste Cookies

1/2 Cup Dairy Free Butter Alternative
1/2 Cup Turbinado Sugar
3/4 Cup Almond Paste
1/2 Cup Agave Nectar
1 Tbsp Ground Flax
3 Tbsp Filtered Water
1 Cup Organic Whole Wheat Flour
1/2 Cup Organic Spelt Flour
1 tsp Vanilla
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Baking Powder

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Line 2 cookie trays with parchment paper.

Beat the sugar, agave, almond paste, butter alternative, flax, water and vanilla in the bowl of a stand mixer.

Add dry ingredients, scrape down sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula.

Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto parchment paper - spacing 3 inches apart.

Bake for 10 minutes, and cool in trays on parchment over wire racks. Enjoy!

No comments: