Thursday, January 31, 2008

Golden Vegan Cupcakes


The simplest of foods can very often make everything alright. Take for example these Golden Vegan Cupcakes - whipped up in my kitchen tonight to pacify my sudden need for cake. In the past I have frequently opened the oven to test the done-ness of my cakes.Tonight I tried my hand at this newfangled thing called patient baking, where you actually wait (in this case 22 minutes) until you open the oven door. Amazing - the cupcakes stayed nice and full - they did not fall, falter or fizzle out. Edged by a warm golden ring, these little cupcakes stand up on their own without any frosting, filling or fruit. Also - since it is a Vegan recipe -you are able to lick the spoon with abandon. (Note - lick the spoon after you have filled all of your cupcake liners - don't be gross.)
As always allow your baked goods to cool completely - do not be an impatient geek and try to frost them while still warm because you will wind up with frosting puddles. Totally worth the wait!

No comments: