Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Vegan Chocolate Pudding Pie w. Vegan Graham Cracker Crust

Vegan Chocolate Pudding Pie w. Vegan Graham Cracker Crust

I have been feeling a bit under the weather (ice storms, snow storms, hectic schedule, trade show in a chilly facility...) and yet - I cannot stay away from the kitchen. I have no decent bakery to frequent locally (within a 15 minute car ride), certainly not one that would offer any Vegan goodies - so as you see I must be self-sufficient. The local grocery store baked goods make me cringe.

So last night I whipped up this new version of my Chocolate Mousse/Pudding, and poured it into (ahhhh - heavens to Betsy!) a store bought Vegan Graham Cracker Crust. Shocking, I know, but I must share that it was really very good! The crust was from a company called Wholly Wholesome - the packaging indicates that it includes only "Natural Ingredients, Contains No Animal Products - Suitable for Vegans". Lovely.

I do a lot of approximate measuring when I cook for myself so I will attempt to share what went into this pie filling in short:

6 ounces Vegan Dark Chocolate (Melted - Double boiler Do NOT use a Microwave)

10 ounces Silken Tofu

1/8 Cup Soy Milk (My Own HomeMade)

1 tsp Bourbon Vanilla

2 Tbsp Turbinado Sugar

I melted the chocolate in my double boiler - then added the sugar and stirred to combine off heat. The tofu was pulsed in my food processer for just a moment - I added the chocolate mixture and all remaining ingredients and pulsed again; poured it into the ready to go crust and chilled for about 1 hour. It was fabulous. So even though I was under the weather -I was able to throw together a nice little chocolatey treat. Tonight I have plans to attempt my new version of Vegan Lemon Bars - so stay tuned!

No comments: