Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Fresh Florida Citrus


Fresh Florida Citrus
This was a roadside citrus stand in Florida I visited on Friday. The fruit was so ripe, and there was a nice man by the name of Ron who helped me with my "Tangelo" purchase. I also picked up a sack of Ruby Reds. Needless to say - I am juicing away here in New England - fondly recalling the warm FL breezes; all the while anticipating Spring as my daffodil and crocus bulbs force their way through the soil.
Persistent as ever - unfazed by the piles of leaves and icy soil, I feel that I have much in common with these resolute globes. Very Good Vegan will be on sale at the Cranston RI Whole Foods Market starting this Saturday February 21. I will be there cooking up samples from 12 - 2pm. See www.VeryGoodVegan.com for details.

No comments: