Monday, March 2, 2009

Crazy Vegan Cupcakes & Vegan Spinach Gratin



Vegan Spinach Gratin




Crazy Vegan Cupcakes






All I can say is that I love making Vegan versions of traditional baked goods, but even more fun - recreating naughty little treats like these "Crazy Vegan Cupcakes".



They are a golden yellow cupcakes filled with a Vegan Creme Filling - topped with a dairy free dark chocolate ganache (made with soy milk), with a swirl of yet more vanilla creme on top. Winter in New England and comfort foods.....



I have been taste testing a line of Vegan cheese alternatives from "Follow Your Heart" - so far I like using their cheddar option in my Vegan Mole Enchiladas, and atop this Vegan Spinach Gratin - just be sure to cover your dishes with foil or else the "Follow Your Heart" stuff dries out. Very tasty all in all. Also I am loving a cheese alternative by a company called Dr. Cow - out of Brooklyn, NY. I must get my hands on more of their Cashew Spreadable Nut Cheese!



In other news thank you Pangea (http://www.veganstore.com/) aka Vegan Store - for choosing to carry our DVD Very Good Vegan Volume One. (http://www.verygoodvegan.com/) Check out this site for all sorts of awesome vegan goodies, also they pack and ship all of their orders very carefully. Great site, nice folks!



Yesterday I gave a brief presentation at Mystic Yoga Shala in Mystic, CT - we are working on uploading some video from that which you may enjoy.



Additional Ayurvedic Skin care info will be posted this week, so stay tuned and as always email us at info@annaveda.com with any questions. Also additional recipes will be posted on the site this week - but you may email us if you have any particular recipe you like.

No comments: