Thursday, April 1, 2010

Vegan Pad Thai

Last night I was really craving Pad Thai, even though I was quite sleepy after a whirlwind day replete with all of the flooding excitement here in New England...

Cooking, in my opinion is best when approached Freestyle; play it fast and loose then see how it all shakes out. There were no exact measurements for this dish, no recipe was followed. My best advice is to set aside some bok choy or romaine lettuce, peas, tofu & carrots and then take a basic Pad Thai recipe & eliminate the fish sauce (ick) and eggs (ick, again) for the base.

The tofu obviously becomes the substitute for chicken, etc... I love spice so a few shakes of red pepper flakes and even a dash of hot sauce will yield a more adventurous plate. Step outside of your safety zone and spice things up...

So, set aside your jar of sauce and bag of pasta tonight. Grab some noodles, veggies and peanut butter on your way home and bang out a little fun with your wok!

No comments: