Monday, December 3, 2007

The Ayurvedic Food Tasting Westerly RI







Here are a few photos from the Ayurvedic Food tasting we held this past Saturday evening in Westerly, RI. All went off well, a good time was had & Andy's Sitar playing definitely brought the event to a new level. The Vegan Chocolate Cupcakes and Tomato Soup were by far the fave items on the menu.




Each time I try a new recipe, I find out what tools my kitchen is lacking. This weekend I realized that I need this cake decorating contraption from Williams-Sonoma, instead of the makeshift baker's icing bag I used to frost the cupcakes. They turned out beautifully, it just took forever to frost them with the bag squirting out every few minutes, I laughed my way through it all.


The Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups were poured into tiny paper cups - as opposed to the giant muffin tins I have used in the past to make oversized cups. This picture illustrates how you pour one layer of melted chocolate, then a dollop of good-for-you peanut butter, followed by one final layer of melted chocolate. What can I say? They are one of those things that make life so sweet.



No comments: