Thursday, December 13, 2007

Pantry Soup and Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies




Today was the first heavy snow of the season, so I felt the urge to have a pot of soup. I made what I referred to as "Pantry Soup" because all of the ingredients were a mix and match of what I had on hand. Not wishing to venture out in the snowy, icy New England storm, I went to work on this concoction. I started off with some chopped celery, olive oil, parsley, a shallot, marjoram, oregano, rosemary, black pepper, and sage. I sauteed these items for a bit then added 5 cups of vegetable broth. Once it began to boil, I added 1/4 cup orzo, and brought to a boil once again. I had baby carrots on hand so I chopped several up and tossed into the pot. Sea salt and some more parsley topped it all off.


Also this evening I tried a new version of Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies, they still do not taste like regular chocolate chip cookies bit they did puff up nicely, and they tasted nice straight out of the oven....Will try one at room temperature after this post is done, probably with a cup of Soy Nog - that I picked up at the local grocery store...Off to watch SNL Christmas special and also I discovered that Amazon has something called Amazon Unbox, which allows you to rent movies via a download that lasts 24 hrs once you hit play so I have "Elf" - one of the silliest Will Ferrell films ever, check this out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjFCmJCzF1A
I love when he goes crazy and screams "SANTA, I Know Him!" also when he answers James Caan's telephone and says "Buddy the Christmas Elf, what's your favorite color?" Grab a cookie, get yourself on Amazon and download this movie tonight - it's hysterical and there is absolutely no way you will be left feeling blue, christmas or any other variety of blue for that matter.

No comments: