Monday, December 17, 2007

Vegan Gingerbread Houses, Cocunut Cookies



























This week I made Vegan Coconut Sandwich Cookies - take a peek they were rich, decadent and just one was enough. I took a standard recipe and swapped out Soy butter spread for the butter and flax for the eggs, that's that. They puffed up nicely and made the house smell like coconut.






In other news I am a little baked-out. I made vegan gingerbread dough again last night and we had a decorating marathon. Take a look at the end result, all I can say is the candy really makes it look all tied-together because my little house started caving in, and I had to call for assistance (help!) in the bracing department - they are small and covered in sugar and made me smile. No baking this evening but I will be baking something up for the folks at the local Post Office later this week - and we did deliver some cookies to our neighbors this past weekend - which by the way is a great way to feel the real good Holiday Spirit Stuff everyone sings about this time of year. So grab a recipe, bake up some stuff, and drop off some treats to your friends and neighbors - trust me, it will be nice for you and for them as well! (Eggs Optional, OK?)

No comments: