Thursday, November 29, 2007

Ayurvedic Food Tasting, Foodie Chatter


This Saturday night I will be presenting an Ayurvedic Food Tasting at Ashtanga Yoga RI in Downtown Westerly, RI. It's a great space and Andy Dinsmoor will be performing LIVE - Sitar and possibly Tabla. I will be working on all sorts of tasty treats over the next 2 days and I will share recipes, etc. as we approach Saturday evening. Also checkout these roasted yams, new potatoes w. rosemary from my garden (yes the rosemary is still out there).


In the health department: I have been using this Air-O-Swiss humidifier in my home and will be setting one up at the yoga studio - as the hot dry indoor air this time of year aggravates my asthma. How ridiculous I felt last week when 1/2 way into my Ashtanga practice my chest tightened up and I felt as though I were a goldfish flooping outside of her bowl. So the remedy - a high end humidifier. End of story.


In other foodie news, have you ever had anyone make you breakfast? Or perhaps a sandwich? I think there is nothing more divine that waking up to a fresh homemade breakfast in bed. Also I do believe that a sandwich tastes much better when prepared (especially for you) by someone else...preferably a good pal, someone you adore. I know that I talk all about Vegan Baking but my - oh - my do I LOVE eggs for breakfast. I am on a mission to find an egg poaching device for the stovetop this week as I've got Noah's Poached Eggs (w. Hollandaise sauce) on the brain. Check out http://noahsfinefood.com/ and stop in if you are in the area. I'm about to pour a cup of bedtime tea, stay tuned for the Peanut Butter Cup recipe, as well as my Vegan Chocolate Cupcakes, Gnocchi with Pumpkin Sauce....

No comments: